View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #282 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Half of the learning process is making mistakes and learning from them. That said, with an instructor with you, cones are not needed - you make mistakes, and he teaches you why they were bad, and how to improve on it.

I've been out with cones one time, but it was for driving exercises (jamming the brakes on a hard corner while cresting a hill, inducing oversteer, stuff like that) - not while actually driving the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post
I allow myself to get totally intimidated by "being on the TRACK"...never EVER dreamed I would be driving on a track-never. I need to get over that or I will never be any good.
Being comfortable makes a massive difference in your learning ability.