View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #274 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post
well-more seat time has been achieved. Not the best day but i guess any seat time is better than none. Right?!
One a good note, maybe great note, i feel A LOT better afterwards than the last time. I chugged a bottle of water between each run (and spent a lot of time running to bathroom) but WOW! What a dif in how i feel now.
And , i had an opportunity to ride w a fella who has been doing this a long time. He drives so smooth and methodical-no nerves. I WANT TO DO THAT!
My new driving buddy and his 1996 (?) Corvette that is totally badazz
Attachment 72204

Tech note: it was pretty hot today-oil temps around 200 after each run...what should i be doing..? If anything...about 30 cars, each taking approx 1 minute run...rotating 4x. Plenty of time in between for cool down.
Only thing that gets you to that point is seat time. Lots of seat time, and patience.

200 is fine, as has already been said. Operating temp for the car is right around 220 degrees, so it's even better.