View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Car won't start!...and it's not the Steering Lock...

ISSUE FIXED see this post:
http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-g...ml#post2389402

Anyone else having this intermittent issue?

I have done the steering lock fuse delete on my 2010 Z. After that, I occasionally had a delay in starting the car. Get in, push the clutch in, push the start button and noting happened for a couple of seconds and then... vroom, away she goes.

Now, I get in the car, push the clutch in and then push the start button. The car goes to Access then does nothing. I push the button once more and it goes to On, but no starting. I push again to Off and the cycle repeats three or four times with no luck. Then, for no apparent reason, it will start either from the Off position with one push, or from the Access position with another push...

what gives? I have changed the key fob battery, tried putting the key in the fobgina, no difference!

Reflash the ECU? I have UpRev but I really don't think it's the issue here. I am thinking maybe it is the push button Start switch itself.

Ideas anyone?? I am tired of sitting in the car with the dome lights going off and on for five minutes trying to get the car to start!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal

Last edited by wheee!; 07-02-2013 at 05:58 PM.
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote