View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosta79 View Post
Honestly, I would spend my money on:
  • A good racing brake fluid like Castrol SRF (Go with Motul RBF600 or the AP Racing fluid - its what almost everyone runs who tracks their Z)
  • A set of stainless steel brake lines (I believe StopTech makes a set) (Not needed, at all)
  • A set of 2 piece rotors that will fit your stock calipers (I am assuming you have the Sports Package brakes) that I believe StopTech makes for the car (He wants to save money, not waste it. Just get some good blank rotors and, if possible, get them cryo-treated. Brembo blanks, or Powerstop would work just dandy)
  • A brake cooling kit that mounts on the spindles and ducts cool air into your rotors (I'm not sure who makes this for the 370Z but I have seen guys that have it) (Stillen makes a kit. It supposedly works decent, but I dont have first-hand experience with it)
  • A set of track day pads (Carbotech XP10 front, XP8 rear is the accepted standard)

These mods will probably serve you better than just buying a big brake kit which will still likely require you to add at least some of the mods mentioned above anyway.
Read above.

All said and done, the brake pads will be around $300 (these are track ONLY brake pads, btw - if you want street pads, look for their street compound). Rotors will probably be around 500-600 give or take. Fluid, another 20-30 at least.

Last edited by MightyBobo; 06-30-2013 at 02:27 PM.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote