View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I've always done it manually since I don't have Consult, which is a crazy procedure involving very specific timing of presses on the gas pedal and whatnot (it's documented in a time-series chart in the manual). Usually I can get it right within 2-3 tries and it works. However, one time I had a hell of a time with it. Did it over and over and over and it would never "take", like I was screwing up the procedure. It turned out the problem was I still had an OBD-II unit plugged in under the dash (I almost always do for data monitoring/logging). As soon as I unplugged from the OBD-II port the procedure worked on the first try. I'm not sure what's up with that, but my assumption was that the ECU's thinking goes something like "If something's plugged into the OBD-II port and interfacing with us, they're probably using Consult so don't worry about listening for the manual procedures?" Or it could just be a bug, who knows.