View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #1198 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's my next place.

Just spoke with my salesman in Vegas and he had this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealership
What brand and kind of exhaust did you put on? If it is the nismo, we will have no issues helping. If its another brand, there will be problems. The 02 sensors are doing thier job and throwing the code. You may not have had an issue until now but at some point they would have detected too much air in the exhaust because the engine would have ran slightly lean. This can especially happen with high flow cats. Lean make more power but you run a risk of detonation in the engine. The best thing to do is to take it to a shop with a dyno and have the car tuned. They can adjust the mixture through the rpm band and keep it from happening.
So, I may just have to bite the bullet and get the UpRev tune.

To which he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob
Would a tune void my warranty completely?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealership
It can cause problems with warrantee. If you have a problem, just detune the car before you bring it in for repair.
So we'll see. I wonder how bad it is to just keep driving it as is. Maybe the 110+ temps are getting to it?
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote