View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #603 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
When I was piecing together my GTM build, Sam strongly advised me to not run anything but the factory pulley.
Sam doesn't like pulleys. He also doesn't like JWT clutch/flywheels, or CSF radiators. The JWT because it was "not a significant improvement" over stock, the CSF, he said the same. With pulleys, they can be difficult to remove to say the least. BTW, I had GTM put in my JWT anyways. The CSF just did not fit without modification because the passenger supercharger was hitting it.

The ONLY reason mine had to come off is because it's underdriven and I was putting on superchargers. Hence why I want a stock sized pulleys.

Look up the tensile strength of 6061 billet aluminum and iron. It's not dramatically different. A competitor of NST sells a stock sized unit they promote for use with superchargers, I'm hoping I can get the same through NST.