View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
2011 Nismo#91
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowly
2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Haze on Headlight

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out who else has this issue and what if anything can be done about it without replacing the clear plastic from a new $500 headlight.

So story is this winter I first noticed a haze had formed over my driver side headlight, I do knot know exactly when it formed but I do not believe it was there last summer.

I though it was condensation and could easily be fixed. I'm no expert or headlights so I contacted ONEighty who did my headlight work in the on the best course of action no too long ago. Since I am not too far away we agreed to meet and look at it first hand. Result of that meeting was that this is not the first time it has happened or even the second recently. I was told it is not condensation but a chemical break down of the clear plastic on the inside.

Unfortunately since my headlights were done about 2 years ago it's not under warranty and even if it was within a year it's not something covered. The best solution was to open the rear cap for a few days so any harmful vapors could be vented to hopefully prevent more damage.

I keep my car in a garage under a cover most of the time and barely drive it ~10k miles in the 2 years I had it. I don't think its from environmental damage. Could this be something manufacture related?

I attached the best 3 pics I have of it at the moment I see if I can get my hands on a macro lens to get some clear hi-res close ups in a week or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Haze1.JPG (23.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg Haze2.JPG (40.3 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg Haze3.JPG (65.3 KB, 136 views)
2011 Nismo#91 is offline   Reply With Quote