View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #314 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute

Okay,
So the Dyno we used is a Dyno Jet designed for 500hp car and more also it was about 101 degrees with about 35% humidity. Typical Tampa Summer not so good for dyno numbers. We started with 3 baseline runs and found out the water pump came unplugged some how so we fixed it and let the car cool off.

The we went to work, first we firmed up the 7AT shifts and started our pulls. At the end we topped out at 397 rwhp with a very nice smooth progression on the chart. On a good northerner day I am sitting at 430 rwhp.

I was expecting more, Mr. Squeeze put out 465 with the same set up but we just weren't seeing those numbers. Martin wanted to throw a bag of ice in the reservoir to get some decent numbers in this weather but I don't give a fly f_ck about that right know. I have some detailed work to do before I get all cray technical with my numbers. I should get an email of the chart today or tomorrow to post.

What i think my problem is "besides weather" the compressor. I never had it bench tested. I didn't shim out the impeller or have the compressor flow checked. So that's my next project. I should be pushing 56k with that impeller and I don't think I am. Till then for Auto X I'll throw a bag of ice in the reservoir and gain about 30hp right off the bat..

All in all it was a good day, I had Zero boost leaks or issues. Not bad for a home install. I love the Blue Interior lights (tnx Osiris)..

Nut_N_Much Dyno Tune - YouTube

Last edited by Nut_N_Much; 06-18-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote