View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewarts2008 View Post
IDK what to tell you guys. How many times do you use 650 rwhp? I used mine on the dyno and when i was datalogging.... that was about it. When i drove it around, i just kept thinking that my block would blow. I didnt have the money or time to be messing with that business. The new 5.0s are famous for the #8 cylinder going, as well as the tranny.... i just didnt want to go down that road. Not to mention that if i did a pull in 2nd gear, that would put me at about 60 mph, 3rd would be 90 mph.... so thats pretty fast for the street.

It was easy to get caught up in the numbers game, but in the end, I hated that mustang for every headache it gave me. If you road course your car, then I would advise you to get the sport packages and do all of the suspension upgrades and whatnot, but for a daily commuter? It was just too much. I would run rich with my id1000s and got about 10 mpg city..... not fun with cali gas prices.

My mustang was a drama queen. I better let it warm up for a full 3 mins before I drive anywhere, or its going to buck me around and clank a lot in the process. I better also keep it out of the heat, or im going to hear tranny whine my whole trip.

With the z, i didnt see the point in the sport package. Bigger brakes? I had them and all it did on the street was give me more brake dust. Bigger tires? Stock Z's dont make enough power to over power the 245's. I had 305s on the stang. Limited slip diff? How many times do you need that? I had it on the stang and would actually prefer whipping the rear end out more easily. Syncro-rev? Not my style either.

I just got out of the military and needed a reliable, fun, sports car for the next 4 years of college.

Im sure between here and there, I will start modding the Z. But not in the near future.
Sport package gives you .29 cd instead of .30 for the all important Ca gas prices

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote