View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #53 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

The issue with the Xbox was not just overheating. It was the inferior solder they used on the GPU. Given the constant heat expansion and contraction, these solder points can break. I had some issues with a graphics card giving me crazy colors n squares a couple times. I stripped it down, turned on the oven to a low heat, put it in there for 15 min or so, took it out, let it cool off, strap the HSF back on and was G2G. I heard the trick worked with the Xbox's as well. It's basically melting the soldering points enough to reconnect those contact points. Don't be like some idiots and place your $hit upside down and look at your gpu sitting on your pan instead of the board it was once on.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote