View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonSS View Post
I'm not looking for the answer to save a few bucks. I'm just curious. And, like said before if one has the parts for their 350 and upgrade, what could they keep around?
As far as R&D'd... isnt the 370 lighter than the HR 350z's? Not looking at a pure engineering aspect, but the forces should be less than that of a 350z in cornering, meaning that the 350z arms should be beefier or stronger than needed on a 370. No?
I get what you're saying, but cornering pressures on suspension pieces aren't that cut and dry. However, you're on the right track.

From an engineering standpoint, a part is made to bear a certain amount of maximum load before failure. If one vehicle has the capacity to generate 50% of that load at max power, and the other has the capacity to generate 55%, you'd be safe to assume that the part can handle the loads from both vehicles without an issue.

just to add a nugget to the discussion... the 02-06 Maxima also uses the same arms and toe bolts.

It's almost like Nissan shares parts between different platforms. I wonder why they would do that.

One more- the 02-06 Altima also uses the same parts....

need I go on good sirs
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote