View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #251 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty mentally and physically exhausting. I normally do a lot of physical work around the house/garage every day and then also write software the rest of the day, and I still only sleep from around midnight to 6-7AM. On track weekends, I often get back to the motel from Saturday's sessions around 6-7pm and find it difficult not to just pass out on the bed immediately. If you're driving home directly from a track day (which I usually do on Sundays), it pays to take it a little easy on your final session or two.

Of course: it goes without saying that you should really pay attention to hydration and nutrition over these weekends, and try to get a few really good nights of sleep leading up to it. Drinking during a track weekend or even a few days before is out, too.