View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
It's corrugated stainless steel hosing. Gotta cut it with a saw/cutting wheel.

You use silicone couplers to attach it to the radiator and engine.

I went with this option (over Aluminum pipe + silicone couplers) because I didn't want to go back and forth with the various parts to make everything work, because I couldn't find a bending reducer in the sizes I needed, so I'd end up with several couplers/reducers in line with tiny sections of actual pipe... imagine a top radiator hose with 6 or 8 hose clamps holding everything together... no thanks.

I've yet to get the engine started up and get everything up to pressure, but I'm pretty confident that it'll hold.

I'm a little beat down with this exhaust issue... More $$$ more waiting. The difference is large enough that I'm pretty sure I'll need a pair of flex pipes for the thing to be flexible enough to work. fckin annoying.
I've been anxiously waiting to hear this thing... PPE's and F.I. should sound intense. I wanna go and measure my PPE's now lol, everything lined up perfect on mine, but of course my MD Y pipe has flex couplers.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote