View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldg636 View Post
I see . . so if i'm understanding you correctly, the boost pressure will fluctuate, but the wastegates (with a boost controller) will regulate the max boost pressure so as not to exceed a certain psi worth of boost? One more question (and I promise this is my last at least for this thread so as not to take it completely off topic): what is the correlation between the wastegates and the BOV? Is the BOV regulated also or is this purely a mechanical function based on the BOV installed? Thanks again . . and sorry for the slightly off topic questions . . .
Its all relative to the situation you are driving in, like let's say its super cold at night, you will probably make 8psi when you usually will make 6psi on wastegate springs on a hot day.

The point of a BOV is to release excess pressure when you get off the throttle, its also used to release excess boost pressure underload so your motor doesn't blow up(this is used more in OEM applications than aftermarket ones)
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote