View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
Thanks. Most/all of my audio is 256k or 320k.... is that still an issue?

Can you recommend something outside of focal speaker that might be more forgiving to non-flac audio?

I realize that active requires some tuning but what I had read is that it will produce better sound just by running active because you don't have the passive crossover changing the impedance??

If i ran a bitone with my current deck would I lose volume and sub control on primary deck?
I went with the Polk Audio DXi6500 6.5's and they produce a nice clean mid-bass. one thing i did notice is that the speakers take about a week or 2 to break in. they were very bright at first but eased up after time. Careful how much of a spacer you have on the factory speaker as the panel will press against the edge of the woofer.