View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #169 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Man oh man, what a day!!! Let me start by some good news. I passed my TSHOOT exam for CCNP, I'll be completing my contract through August. Such a load off my shoulders as today was the deadline.That's the only good news I have though... well maybe some good news for guys looking for parts off my car when I get home.

So all of my fears have been realized with this build... I got an email from Mike and none of it was pleasant news except the fact that they know the fix action.

"As you know, your car has a CEL P0300 and had that code when it came in. We took a peek under there and noticed that the previous shop had put the primary sensor in the J tube instead of the freestream bung. We switched them around and there was no change. It looks like the previous shop extended the wrong O2 sensor wires. In addition, the wires appear to be crossed which melted and shorted the wiring. You will need two new O2 sensors as well since they were shorted out. Because the O2 sensor wires are shorted, there is a small chance that may have damaged the ECU so we need time to diagnose your car and check the ECU. I have attached some pictures of the wiring and O2 sensors so you can see what we're talking about. Overall, we need an additional 5 hours for diagnosis, repair, re-wiring, checking the ECU, and replacing the 2 O2 sensors plus the cost of two new sensors.

Next, the CSF radiator will not work since the water neck is a one piece setup whereas the stock radiator is a two piece setup. That means the water neck on the CSF radiator will interfere with the supercharger on the passenger side. We have a special elbow that replaces the stock elbow to give clearance between the water neck and the supercharger. Since the CSF is a one piece elbow, we can't use our elbow. Also, we use different radiator hoses to clear the supercharger brackets, belts and pulleys so your silicone radiator hoses won't work either.

Finally, your 72 row oil cooler is 2" wide and there is nowhere to mount it since there is not enough room to put it anywhere."

So yeah, if you go back and read through this journal, I've already questioned the oil cooler and O2 sensors. I was not expecting the CSF radiator to be an issue as well. I called them to discuss it a bit. I will be receiving a quote for the O2 sensors, the labor, their radiator/fan kit, and oil cooler kit... one that is equivalent to my 72 row. Here are the images they shared with me as well. It pains me

So the good news for some of you all... Parts will be available in a few months

AE Performance 72 row oil cooler
Brand new CSF radiator (spoken for)
NST pulleys (spoken for currently)
AEM Gunmetal CAI (spoken for already)
Red Z1 polyurethane hoses (spoken for)

PM me if you want details on these parts. I won't be home until late August, so it will be some time.

For the record... making 310whp STD is pretty impressive after seeing this botch. I wish I knew what it could have been if she was running right.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 06-04-2013 at 06:17 PM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote