View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

I get very mild drone between 2300 and 2600 rpm. I advise against a testpipe though. The exhaust does well to quell it, it will be very prevalent with TP's. If you could find some RTP's or HFC's instead, it will help. I think at full wail though, it would sound glorious. Thing is, we usually drive at part throttle, so rasp is something you will have to deal with every time you drive.

My setup with the stock manifold has a bit of rasp with the HFC, especially when the exhaust is cold, without the HFC, I would imagine it would be measurably worse. I bought a resonator option for my Y pipe too to play around with it. But with the M370 manifold, I noticed rasp isn't really there anymore except with cold exhaust pipes, and it is very minimal.

With volume, Your Tanabe will not be considered quiet lol. I'll say it will be over 100db. My family hears me coming from blocks away, especially walled neighborhoods. Next to freeway walls, I can really hear my car. It picks up a higher pitch with headers for sure.
When just cruising, it's very quiet, I can talk normal and everything, the tire roar is much louder. It's very livable currently.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote