View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

How did we get back to the 400hp 3000lbs argument again? Your "needs" need introduced back to reality Fishey. That won't happen for any price in the 30-40k bracket, not even the 40-50k, and I still don't see it in the 50-60k range either. Losing 200+ lbs in a car from one generation to the next, keep in mind, crash testing, additional safety features, etc, it's not very feasable. Reducing weight costs money, a lot of it. In reality I don't believe the Z will be seen as a front runner for sales and not it's main objective. It has no back seat mind you...

I believe strongly the special ingredient Nissan is adding is a more pure and organic driving experience, more purpose, and more rewarding. I do see weight reduction in the mix, but nothing drastic. I also see more power in the mix, but I have doubts it will reach 400hp unless they decide a detuned and updated VR38 based engine as the way forward. I would be interested in seeing DI and VVEL implemented, even if it takes some growing pains for the community.

Remember people, the Z is imported here, and will reflect on prices.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote