View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #138 (permalink)
JonBoy
Base Member

Drives: Bleh
JonBoy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
The term sports car has been defined as "an open, low-built, fast motor car." The term describes a class of automobile with two seats, two doors, precise handling, brisk acceleration, and sharp braking — trading practical considerations such as passenger space, comfort, and cargo capacity — for driving enjoyment.

You can buy them if you haggle yes, but one person v. another might get different prices. That is why I went by MSRP, it is a fair comparison on what they should go for, not what you could pay for. Saying I can buy X car for a certain price is the same argument that any car with so many mods can be another car stock, you cannot compare (to many variables). That is why we have stock v. stock comparisons and the best wa to judge something.
So a Z-coupe is not a sports car since it's not open?

And I hardly think comparing MSRP is fair when anyone with a brain can get them for a much lower price. The Z can be had (base model) for $28K, give or take, and the Evo X can also be had for that price. That means they are absolutely price-competitive. MSRP, especially in this economy, is pretty much disregarded by most buyers.

Stock-vs-stock is a fair comparison for performance but not for price. Common selling price, not asking, is how price should be compared.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote