Thread: Nismo or boss ?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #85 (permalink)
Mecinoid
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Sport Wht S7
Mecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond reputeMecinoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I don't really agree with this. My '11 5.0 had less problems than my '09 370Z and both seemed to be about the same in terms of build quality. I'd expect a new Mustang to last just as long as a new Z under the same conditions.

The only difference being that the Mustang will look years newer than the Z after 10 years since all of Nissan's terrible paint and clear will have melted off by then. The Nissan doesn't even come close to the Ford in terms of paint quality/durability.
The beauty of the internet is that we can have varying opinions. In my defense the newest Ford Product I've owned was 2007. The Ford had lot's of problems from the factory. When it comes to Nissans I owned a bunch without a single problem. Many, many Z's, Pathfinders, Altimas and Maximas.
Just change the oil, do the maintenance and drive. My wife will never give up her Maxima. It's a great car! Again no issues from the factory. Not even a ding or nick in the paint on delivery. Same went for my 350Z and 370Z. Not a nick, ding or flaw in the paint. GM - Blah. I had to have them re-spray the car the first week of ownership. Bought that at night. Paint drips, light paint, panel miss alignment. Yuck.... But, it's all sorted now.

I hope that Ford has come that far. Like I said, I was a Ford brat. I was fortunate enough to have a new Ford car every year for 20+ years. Always some defect from the factory. Generally, fit and finish related. I don't see that it changed with my friends car either. The dash went wacky on him early on. Every Ford I know of has some problem from the factory. The exception may have been my 1986 Ford Taurus. I can not recall anything wrong with it from the factory. My friend's 2012 Mustang is going to be lemon lawed due to the engine light going on and engine miss-fires anything over 5Krpm and Ford can not figure it out.

The paint on my Nissan's has always been good. I claybar them and wax them regularly to make them perfect. Here is a picture of my 1984 AE with factory paint:

and my '86 Turbo paint:

On the other hand:

The paint on my '99 Sable and '87 Mustang Turbo faded and clearcoat bubbled after 10 years.

To each his own and I'm OK with that.

Last edited by Mecinoid; 05-28-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Mecinoid is offline   Reply With Quote