View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Re: hoses, yeah I hate the bypasses too. I'm running two long bypasses (3/4 for heater, 5/16 for throttle body), and then I bought a tiny 45-degree section of 5/8 to replace that little rubber elbow on the true bypass line (which is mostly metal).

I'm assuming I'm right in thinking that the heater line is open full-time, and the thermostat just moves between "closed radiator + open bypass" and "open radiator + closed bypass", right? Or does the thermo also partially block the heater flow once the car's up to temp?

Also, at one point over my past track weekend, I got a CEL for "your coolant's too cold for the supposed thermostat setting", I think it was P0185, running my bypass setup + the mishimoto thermo. I imagine that one's deletable via UpRev, and it only happened once during a warmup.