View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #208 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

As long as we're talking about spins, I exported a couple small clips from other parts of my last weekend's track data:

This first part is me making a big error. I was off-line and couldn't hold it, was inevitable I'd drop two wheels on the outside, but I kept trying to hold it on track instead of safely driving off. This resulted in me re-crossing the track, which is pretty damn dangerous. I've done better about this in past incidents, but my mind wasn't in the right place this time around:

Me going off-track on both sides - YouTube

And then here's another guy doing the same sort of thing right in front of me, in a different session. Notice that I brake a little until I'm sure where his car is going (well that and dropping a little speed gives you some excess traction for emergency corrections), then push on through immediately:

Spin in front of me: TWS CW - YouTube