View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #74 (permalink)
Leuz
Track Member

Drives: Bunny
Leuz is on a distinguished road

Old thread resurrection. Has anyone taken off the bumper of a 2013?
I was reading DIY: Finally Installed The STILLEN G3 Intake today! Lots of Pics inside (AK370Z)
and there are some pictures of a 2013 but it doesn't say if you have to unplug the DRL cables or unbolt the leds all together or just tear everything apart and have no leds anymore..

Update: I did it. The easiest way is to remove the front wheels and fenders. I did the job with a buddy of mine. Here are the steps:
  1. Remove the wheels, remove the fenders; you need only the front half of the fenders really
  2. Remove driver's side DRL, three bolts and a plastic rivet
  3. Unplug the bumper clips, do not remove it as the passenger's DRL are still on. Here I used my buddy's help to hold the bumper, while I was accessing the RH DRLs, as the washer fluid tank is in your way otherwise
  4. Bumper is off. I wrapped the DRLs in bubbly plastic, and taped it to the brake pads with blue tape. I also taped the bolts and rivet there to it lose them

Last edited by Leuz; 05-29-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Leuz is offline   Reply With Quote