Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #583 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
On the 09's the cap on the overflow doesn't seal properly. Not sure if that is 100% required in order to create the proper draw required (since the low pressure from the cooling system draws from the bottom of the container) but it made a mess. I used a little bit of RTV around the inside of the cap to create a better seal (let it dry on the cap before reinstalling).
Yeah on this bit: I've seen the difference looking at a 12's engine bay in person before. They actually have what looks like a real pressure cap on the overflow bottle, and... something else where our pressure cap is. I think.

I wonder if our 09 system can be updated just by replacing the rad cap and the overflow bottle with the newer bits?