View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #62 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I don't like about the AOS idea is that it's not only oil vapor in that catch can. If you smell what builds up in there, there's a fair amount of condensed fuel and exhaust stuff as well from combustion blow-by. I mean, I guess that stuff's in the crankcase normally anyways, but it's usually in there in vapor form temporarily. You'd be dumping it back into your oil pan in liquid form, and it doesn't smell or feel like good oil should. I guess if you're just doing events and changing your oil before/after it wouldn't be enough to matter, but at the other end of spectrum I wouldn't want to do that on an extended-interval street car.