View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA0890 View Post
The tires were in need of replacing. I was going to order some Contis next week. These cars are definitely sketchy in the rain. Ive been looking at Evo Xs all day. I think AWD is going to be in order after this one.
Because the370Z.com assed up my post, let me try this again...

AWD won't help preven hydroplaning. Tread deph, tire width, standing water, and contaminates in the water cause hydroplaning. The Z's tires are wide and wider than the EVO's, but don't think that if you had AWD that it would have prevented an accident. In some circumstances AWD may help recovery, but an experienced driver in those conditions will really only have that kind of skill to utilize the AWD system. I posted a link below to help you out.

Hydroplaning (Aquaplaning)

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote