View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Nut_N_Much
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awesome Car
Nut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond reputeNut_N_Much has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Z View Post
What's the purpose of pumping up the Motive canister prior to filling it with brake fluid?
When you screw on the canisters cap, you want to pressurize the system to make sure there are no leaks. If there are leaks you will here them. If your cap had a leak and there was fluid already in the Motive Canister it could make a mess taking the cap off to fix the leak depending on how you do it.

Also: I just had my calipers ceramic coated so I have rebuilt calipers on all for wheels. By testing the pressure (at 15psi) you will know if there are leaks. You can track those leaks down and fix them until the pressure gauge stays steady and no longer drops.

Awesome DIY AK once the wheels were off it took me 20mins to do the job. Thanks!

Nut_N_Much is offline   Reply With Quote