Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #578 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Operation: Denny's Run was a success. Trans is back to flawless now with the correct fill level (thanks guys!). Cooling data still looks awesome. I had to stay down a gear and keep the revs up around 4K cruising just to keep my oil at 170 now that we're in the cool night air. A few light moments harder on the car brought it to 180 but never past. If I had thought ahead / known, I would've blocked half the front grill with duct tape for the drive.

AP/Stillen BBK + CL RC6E is still feeling awesome. I don't think I've yet hit a street-test scenario that will really tell me whether I'm gonna hit any minor ice-mode-like issues with this setup or not. I'm sure I'll find out this weekend at TWS.

The trans mount made the drivetrain feel a little more connected to the body again, like the engine mounts. It might make a larger difference throttling on track-out at the limit, but on the street I'd say the change was "noticeable, but minimal". The engine mount change was more noticeable than the trans. This is the opposite of Spohn's impression of the two, but the difference is likely his 6MT setup versus my 7AT.