View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #76 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUCANTZME View Post
Cool, I'll have to check on my helmet, I bought it a few years back for my motorcycle but not sure of the rating. Hell, even a ride along with an instructor would be a rush for me, never been on a track before! Saturday is definitely a no go but I'll try my best to make it out Sunday (hangover permitting). Do you know how much it costs for a spectator to get in (meaning if I'm not planning to put a car on the track, do I still have to pay some outlandish amount to get in)? Lol, just noticed you are from Dundalk, that's where I'll be Saturday. My pool team has playoffs at the old "green room". I think it's called sports 2000 now. Lol, small world.
Assuming it's a full-face, it's probably Snell rated. Look inside of the helmet for the SN00, SN05, or SN10 sticker (likely, SN05 because SN10's just came out earlier this year I believe, or late last year).

You'll get a ride-along, I can almost promise you that. Just with whom, I dont know. An instructor would do a better job scaring the crap out of you lol. Also! The sooner you get there, the better, on Sunday. That's the last day of racing, and you'll want to get your foot in the door quickly w/ someone for a ride-along to be sure. You might have to sit around for a little while before you get in, but you should be able to get in.

Spectator's are 100% free, and encouraged. Come in through the gate, sign a waiver, and follow the signs for Shenandoah track. We'll be there.

Oh, and if you are navigating w/ a Cell Phone, make sure you do it BEFORE you are almost there - that whole area is a dead zone, really.

No idea where Sports 2000 is lol. But yes, I'm there, near Peninsula Expressway. Shadoquad is there, too.