View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #152 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Killer View Post
Sorry for getting back so late, I am still in Afghanistan. Okay so Yes Direct Port is the best way to go but those are usually used for bigger applications around 250 plus which obviously I am not doing. I should have stated running a wet kit is preferred b/c as you know dry kit you only spray nitrous, wet kit you spray nitrous with fuel. I am no where saying I am a nitrous guru and I get your playing devils advocate. What is the biggest shot you have done with dry? In my experience I generally don't hear a lot of people going big with dry kits. It is to my understanding that when you run a dry shot you are betting on the fuel system to compensate on it's own? That means your putting all your trust in the vehicle figuring out what to do once nitrous is added vs the fuel already going in with the nitrous at the same time.Your application is going to dictate which kit to use. I believe that wet kits are safer, and they are also highly recommended and if you ever want to go FI you can keep your wet kit and apply it to your setup. In the end no matter which way you go TUNING will always be the deciding factor.
I think my uncle use to run 150 shots dry on his Z31 N/A(id have to ask him again to be sure) and i did run 100 shots dry on my eclipse before having to remove the kit and sell it(ref ticket) but with the n2o tune i had, it would retard timing and make the car run extremely rich(had 600cc injectors) so when i was spraying, the AFRs were just right

I havent really looked into N2O since then but to do anything with dry kits, you have a **** ton of tuning to do but once its set, it should be just as reliable as direct port(theoretically at least) because each cylinder is either getting enough or more fuel than it really needs, the only reason i say that is because if you went with a wet kit(not dp), there might be a chance where the intake manifold isnt flowing enough fuel into one or 2 cylinders, so those will run lean while the others will run either run just right or rich

dont get me wrong, after i supercharge my Z im going to put a wet kit on but i'm not going to run alot(maybe 50 shots) just because it will require less tuning but dry kits can be reliable if its done right and tuning is spot on

anyhow ill stop derailing your thread XD
good luck with your build, im really interested to see how it turns out
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote