View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #59 (permalink)
Spikuh
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370z
Spikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud ofSpikuh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by roplusbee View Post
Most def!

It is not legal as far as the policy goes, but there is also no penalty according to the TX Penal Code. Someone messed up a little more than a year ago when they updated the laws and penal codes.

It's funny because I had a cop tell me that he was going to write me a 100 dollar ticket at the gate at Fort Hood. He also stated that it isn't his job to debate the penal code, but it is to enforce the law. I told him that that was fine and he could write me the ticket if he want's to waste our time and tax payer's money. He told me to just put it up in my windshield and he would call it even, so I did to avoid any further badgering. Just so that everyone knows, it only states that the license plate be displayed at the FRONT of the vehicle (windshield qualifies for that) and that I cannot be obstructed. This means that the letters and numbers be clearly visible and the word TEXAS can be read as well.

There is a law against having things on your windshield though. I had a discussion with an officer about that as well and stated that it should be illegal to put the inspection, registration, military base sticker, and TX Tag on it as well. He had nothing to say and stated that he was watching me.................lol!
Just as an aside to the last part. I think the reason for the tags being on the windshield was to prevent any chance of theft and probably to aid in visibility when you pass an officer head on.

Still though, stuff is tacky as hell...
Spikuh is offline   Reply With Quote