View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think that would cause your issues, I mean if you had that leaking it would spray out of there when you pressed the clutch and pressurized the system. Not to mention a leak there would not pull air back into the system so much as let all the fluid run out. The way the upgraded CSC (which I am assuming you have?) is setup is to facilitate gravity bleeding and even after letting it gravity bleed you should have a stiff pedal right off the bat.

The fact that the pedal wont return leads me to think that even at the start of the stroke you have negative pressure in the line. Its this negative pressure that is going to hold that plunger to the floor. If you had a leak you would infact see the opposite. You would have no feeling in the pedal at all and it would feel like it was not doing anything.

The CMC has to be able to in effect breath into the reservoir so that at the start of every stroke your clutch system is effectively sitting at atmospheric pressure. If its not it will stick.

Question for you, where you able to gravity bleed the system? (IE. crack the bleeder and run the fluid through the system on its own) Mine would not gravity bleed which pointed directly to an obstruction in the CMC. I actually ended up pulling my CMC apart and taking a dremel to it to get it to work for the time being.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote