View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #167 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, looks like I'm going home sooner than I thought. Contracting changes, the drawdown in AFG, and some misleading (outright incorrect) information, I will be heading home by the end of the month. This means I need my car sooner than I had hoped. So I messaged GTM about the change so we both know what we are working with.

Mike said the car is throwing P0300 and P0172 codes. O2 sensor and fuel trims are all over the place and they strongly believe the O2 sensors were wired incorrectly. I distinctly remember thinking the same thing and asked the shop about it. They claimed they extended it one wire at a time. I also remember replacing an O2 sensor too. I told them everything I did last year as I was chasing this same thing. I'm happy my suspicions are true, but also upset that the issue is still present. This could very well explain the lower than normal power numbers compared to a similarly modified vehicle.

Edit: To elaborate my thoughts a bit more... Which I was suspicious of all along with the headers because I had a SES since they were installed. To think the car gained 30whp with an exhaust and headers and O2 sensors reading retarded is crazy, and gaining 46 with intakes and pulley's is surprising in retrospect with this issue being here as long as it has. I was anticipating over 50whp gains for those mod. My torque was always soft for the mods I had. Full stepped headers and an M370 should have helped immensely. I was also expecting torque to be around 260lbft and it was only 245, so power under the curve was soft. Looking at the latest dyno graphs, the line isn't as smooth as other peoples graphs (dynojet). Nearly all of my gains are at the top and that's probably because no restriction, but very little in the mid range where it should be strong.

Edit: I was able to prove that I was mislead with bad information from old management and got my time to get my CCNP cert pushed to the original June date I had. I have the switch test done which I came to find out was considered the hardest, and hitting route in a few days. It looks like I won't be going home early anymore

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 05-15-2013 at 06:10 AM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote