View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
18" might not even cut it to be honest with headers/TPs... Resonators don't necessarily quiet the whole exhaust, it kills "annoying" sounds like drone
At the same time how loud is loud for you, from what I have heard, LiteSpeed drones like a motherfùcker and is loud as all hell when you step on it.
On my car my Stillen exhaust is ok, no complaints. When I added TPs, it was a TOTALLY new exhaust, that thing SCREAMED, I could deafen people when downshifting.
All that beating said, you NEED 18" from what you've stated
Resonators will cancel out some drone but not necessary quiet down the exhaust. And yes, everybody has a different definition for "loud". That's why I always suggest people to go out and hear the exhaust for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamspyd3r View Post
I'm kinda new to the Z but owned a G37 before...I currently have the Gredddy spectrum elite exhaust, if I just add HFC will the system be to loud? I'm not interested in waking everyone up....but I love my greddy exhaust none the less
HFCs are quieter than test pipes, stock cats are quieter than HFC. It will be pretty loud if you add the HFCs but not too crazy. But then again, like I said above, my definition of loudness could be different than yours. I can only give you MY opinion.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote