View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #86 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

From the NPS:

Newfound Gap Road (US-441) - the section of the road from Chimneys Picnic Area for six miles up towards the crest of the mountains will be paved this summer. From May 8-June 15 and from Aug 15-Sept 30, motorists may encounter single-lane daytime closures. Traffic will be directed through the construction zone by flaggers. No daytime closures will occur from June 15-Aug 15. At night, single lane closures may be encountered from May 8-Sept 30.

Clingman's Dome is just about in the middle of that 6 mile stretch of one lane roads. Since we're doing this on a Thursday, I think we'll be fine. We just might have to deal with a bit of a delay getting up there where the road goes down to one lane. I remember last year there was construction up that way which caused some delay, but I don't remember if we were funneled down to one lane or not.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote