View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #165 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Don't forget the stock oil pump, it is a weak link with high temps and constant high RPM's. The billet replacement is $342 part # 15010-RRZ3C1 ordered through courtesyparts from Nissan Motorsports. It looks like it is a bit of a bitch to replace since you have to pull the timing cover and chain to get to it. See Repair manual section LU-10.
Oh! I thought they still only had one that fit the 35DE/HR engines, or did it end up being the same part? In any case, good find. Maybe I'll do that and a pre-emptive water pump replacement next time I have a chance to dig that deep on the car, maybe later this year.