View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #87 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post
I meant efficiency as in power per litre of displacement, not mileage. Though I'm sure the z would get good mileage if you keep it in 6th gear all the time, which is what the vette does with tall gearing and two tall overdrives.
Power per liter is one of the biggest ricer arguments known to man.

Either bring the big stick or go home. What line of motors can make 430-505 crank horsepower (LS3/LS7) in a stable manner, without having to worry about overheating on the track? Yeah, its not the little Nissan motor thats for sure.

Not only is it efficient (the head design on LSX motors is amazing), but it can take gobs of power and is extremely mod friendly, never mind reliable. Oh yeah, and how about cheap to fix and almost universally known in the mechanical world due to being the classic small-block design?

You argue your HP/liter all the day long - in the end, the LSX is a superior motor not only from a cost-to-repair and cost-to-mod standpoint, but from a racing standpoint.