View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #73 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
LOL. I'm sure he meant 1.14. Hey...his name is Pharmacist, not Mathematician.
I'm going by MSRP, genius. Canadian msrp at that. Over here, the stripped out base vette is 68 k. Base Z (what you call touring in your country) is 40 k, and with sport package is around 44 k, so 44X1.5 = 66. Understood? Or should I draw a diagram

Quote:
Never be that cheap? My brother picked up his brand new '08 Corvette with the Z51-package, NPP exhaust, and Comp. Grey wheels for $42,500. That's more than $2,600 in options compared the quoted $39,900 for the stripped version.

Damn...how many strikes is that?
Quote:
Actually I have seen brand new 1LTs on the Corvette Forum advertised by forum dealers for as low as $38,900 in the last year.
Interesting. Never anticipated vettes being that cheap. That definitely has to be at invoice or even less. ok, you get me on that one. Now why are they being discounted so much? Are they heavily subsidized by GM? Or is it that no one wants to buy them? If anything, being discounted so much is actually a negative for a sports car. You won't see such deals on a 911 or an m3.

Quote:
The moment I scanned his post and saw, "Vettes are crap," I immediately quit reading, quickly realizing he doesn't know a thing about cars.

Pharmacist got prescribed the wrong drugs...
hahaha, very funny, NOT! So everyone who knows about cars must love corvettes, and anyone who doesn't like corvettes doesn't know a thing about cars. What an open minded, intelligent, logical arguement

Quote:
Rednecks only drive Corvettes?
Sorry, I missed all those european noblety, ex-formula 1 drivers, indian maharajas, business executives, etc.... driving corvetes.

Face it, the vette is a blue collar car coveted mostly by nascar lovers, dale jr wannabes, rednecks, etc... who like to pretend they are driving a red white and blue all american supercar rivaling porshe, ferrari, etc...

Quote:
Are you seriously even REMOTELY saying that the LSX motors are low-tech piles of junk and since the VQ37 has some new-age stuff its better simply because of that?
Of course, the thought of that is too hard to comprehend for many americans. You saying a pushrod, camshaft in the block, 2 valves per head is actually a technological marvel They've been designing engines like that since the 1960s and probably before. They're so powerful only because they're so big, but efficiency wise, pound for pound, LS engines are subpar compared to other engines from nissan, audi, bmw, porsche, ferrari, etc......

If one of those companies made a 6.2L engine, it would probably make 500-600 hp, not just 438.
Quote:
Better yet, it only has decent straight line acceleration, and cant out handle a Z?

WELCOME....TO THE INTERNET. Many things can be done here, including research. I suggest you do that before posting again.
Here RoadandTrack.com -- Cover Story - The Fast & The Frugal: Chevrolet Corvette Z51 (8/2008)

All the handling stats are either same as or slightly less than z sport package. Now its your turn to take your own advice and go search the net before posting