View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

SC's generally run cooler than turbo's. It would be easier to build some proper cooling for a SC'd car. I haven't gotten to drive my SC'd car yet so I can't say much about how it drives. Turbo's make serious power under the curve. It may prove a handful coming off a turn if you aren't careful. twins and twin scrolls come on pretty early in the powerband, they start spooling hard by 2k rpm and if running around 9-10 psi, they are at full boost before 3500 rpm. With a boost controller, you can tune it so it feels like a supercharger if you want it to be linear. At this point in time, jumping on the TT bandwagon would be the cheaper and bigger bang for buck alternative. Supplant the kit with a 34 row or two 25 rows for serious track duty and it should prove entertaining. A radiator would be recommended if you do go this route. The nice thing about superchargers is because it makes less torque, and the torque it does make peaks high in the rpm range, it is easier for the car and components to cope with the power increase. Clutches will last longer, less stress on the engine, so supporting mods won't hurt as much.