View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
I have no insight on the mechanical portion of this topic...

But I can say, that my 4th gear hangs its RPMS even when I let off the gas longer then my other gears.. Like you mentioned, other gears let you coast and 4th gear just wants to play.

You think the ECU is programmed to make 4th the "picky" gear because theres a huge amount of power in that gear?

I personally think 4th gear is the best gear on this 7AT.. On the freeway- with my exhaust- its perfect!
i agree with nick.

4th just seems to have some serious pick up when cruising. usually my freeway/highway entrance gear unless its a tight turn where 3rd is needed due to slower speed.

as for the downshift from 4th to 3rd i havent really noticed it on mine in awhile. when i first got my car i got caught double downshifting into 2nd because of the OP's problem. now though i feel my ECU, TCM, and me are on the same page. 4th doesnt downshift on me anymore like it used to.

also i will say i had my TCM tuned for stronger shifts but no clus if that would effect OP's problem.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote