View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #132 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Forza, I definitely experienced the delayed start a few times since pulling it 6 months ago (maybe 3-4 times total). Other than that, zero issues for me. In fact, my ESCL has yet to fail and leave me stranded somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The delay on start does not appear to be caused by disabling the SLU - it also happens to ppl who have not disabled the SLU.

From what I've been able to figure out, the SLU is only polled during startup (and possibly shutdown) so it shouldn't be a drain when the car is off. But I'm not 100% sure about this.
I suspect a bad/weak battery (check the electrolyte level) or a parasitic load (have you added anything, eg, radio, that might be pulling a load when the car is off?).

I pulled my fuse some time back and have had no problems.
Yea I only have this delayed start AFTER I pulled fuse. I will put it back on and see if that happens again.

And SouthArk, yes I do have lots of stuff connected to the battery, like capacitor and LoJack... That's why my battery doesn't last long if I don't drive the car. And plus the week I pulled fuse was super cold. So that one time incident could just be random.
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote