View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #345 (permalink)
O&G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anv.
O&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond repute

I also believe the VVEL tune is the reason NISMO's have a bit more power. From what I understand the only thing you can control at the moment with VVEL tuning via UpRev is the cam timing. I've had the chance to study the VVEL with my engine builder and tuner, as my motor is being built at the moment. If we could figure out how to adjust the actual cam lobe (as the OEM ecu already does) we could really get some power out of VVEL tuning. It's very cool how the solenoid controls the cam lobe. I want to say it's somewhere around 120 degree adjustment range, less lobe to more lobe. Problem is I can only control it with my hand on the work bench at them moment :/ hopefully haltech or one of these other tuning companies can crack it soon!
O&G is offline   Reply With Quote