View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #4366 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post
GALE!!! There was a VW passat (?) there w a turbo! I heard it coming off the track and it sounded like a pneumatic pop pffff...i was talking to a guy w a Mustang GT and said: what was that?! Did you hear that?! He said real calm..oh yeah-it was "just" his turbo. Lol!!!

They were having issues and wondered what a turbo going bad sounded like. I sooooo wanted to ask you! I bet you know the answer. Not because yours has gone south but because you are o knowledgable about that stuff!
Sorry, I don't have experience with a turbo going bad. If I had to guess just from sound, I would be listening for extra noise from worn out bearings in the turbo.