Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #566 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

So I started tearing things apart yesterday, and I'm just about done with destructo-mode and it's time for put-it-back-together mode. All in one go I'm upgrading basically all of my cooling components (radiator, oil/trans coolers, all the hoses, bypass heater, etc) and gutting the engine bay side of the HVAC, and doing the Z1 engine mounts while I'm in there (trans mount later, it's a separate simple project).

Anyways, thought I'd post an in-progress update. My engine is now Cylon-approved:

With the radiator, AC compressor, and alternator out of the way, swapping engine mounts is really, really easy. The only tricky part (as Spohn mentioned) might be finding an appropriate point or two to jack the engine upwards from safely. In my case I happen to have that AM Perf baffled oil pan, which is machined from a solid aluminum block and really can't be bent, so I just put a 2x4 under the oil pan and lifted the engine up with a floor jack on that.

Last edited by wstar; 04-27-2013 at 10:13 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote