View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #160 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Got an update from Mike today. He told me they fired up the car and so far so good. I was thinking it might create a mini black hole, but thankfully that did not come to pass. They also got the JWT clutch, flywheel, and upgraded CSC installed as well. I inquired about the condition of my pulleys after removal for a potential sell.

"The NST alternator pulley is fine...the crank pulley, not so much. It has a gouge where we had to brace the pulley to keep it from turning while the crankshaft bolt was being removed (which was a bear to remove). The only way around that would have been to drop the motor to get a 1" drive impact gun on it...even then, no guarantees with aluminum crankshaft pulleys. You can probably grind it down a little where it's gouged, sand and paint it if you want to sell it in pristine condition. You're lucky, because we've seen a lot worse...we've had to resort to more destructive measures to remove them in the past."

I really need to see what it looks like to see if I should sell in as is condition or make the cosmetic repairs and sell for slightly higher. I'm sure there is a bargain hunter that will pick them up regardless. Currently Simota has dibs from prior convo, so if he doesn't want it any longer after we see what it looks like, I'll make a FS post.

So all in all, mostly good news. The pulley news was mostly expected, but also better than I had anticipated considering the horror's I've seen you youtube with their removal. I did ask about getting their sweet oil pan, but no answer on that yet. I also asked about gauges and anything they feel may be a very good idea I have. Nothing on that yet as well. I'll reengage in a couple weeks if it was forgotten.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote