View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #51 (permalink)
mbowler
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z PW M6
mbowler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheW3r3W0lf View Post
To me it sounds like two separate issues. One is the steering not returning to lock and the other is pulling while braking.

Granted they may be caused by the same issue but they also may be unrelated. Although my Z doesn't pull when braking, in other vehicles I have worked on it can sometimes be due to stuck caliper guides or even stuck caliper pistons, bad proportioning valves, uneven brake wear, bad master cylinder etc.

For your issue with the pulling- when you hit the curb do you know if it bent the strut tower or the area where the strut mount is bolted to? Did they replace the strut & strut mount at all? I'd be curious to know exactly what parts they replaced because if you hit a curb with enough force to bend a lower control arm the chances of many things being slightly out of whack now is pretty high. Sadly in some cases things never can be returned to normal and in a sports car that feels the road like the Z, you notice everything.
They replaced only the control arm and the wheel initially. I was hearing some "extra" road noise after I put some miles on it was determined to be a wheel bearing, so the same side wheel wheel bearing was replaced in the rear as well. During this whole time I had the same issues, so the bearing was not a factor, at least not on it's own.

They did"inspect the suspension components, but I would have to assume that was not very involved, possible just a visual "yep, looks ok". They did loosen the suspension components (I don't know what specifically) and retighten to see if anything was flexing/pushing.
Performance Clutch Helper Spring - K&N Panel Filters - Z1 Post MAF Tubes Appearance 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Rear Diffuser - Dual Element Rear Foglight - GTR Ignition Button - Xpel Self-Healing Film - Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Audio/Visual Car Kit Co Bypass Kit
mbowler is offline   Reply With Quote