Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #562 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah a log of all the conditions and settings is starting to become a necessity. At least I only have one type of tire setup at the moment. I can only imagine how complicated it gets when you're switching.

The data logging is pretty amazing, but it will be a while until I get into the hang of really using it well. What you see in the Youtube videos is just basic video + gauge overlay, but their software actually does a lot more than that when I'm at my desk analyzing data in it. Again, logs to go with the data would help, so that I can see things like "Hey changing that swaybar setting gains me 5mph at the traction limit in corner X" or whatever the case may be.

You can see a little slideshow about their analysis software here: Race-Keeper Software | Race-Keeper . Basically, you get graph data for everything that's synced with the track map and video, and you can do side-by-side video + full-data comparisons of laps from different outings or whatever and it syncs those up as well.