View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #40 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've had the car in 3 times for this and every time I get the same story. "It's normal". "It's road crown". "It's aligned". When I got the car It did not feel this way. I hit a curb with the back wheel and replaced the back wheel and the lower swing arm, but it has never felt the same since. They even put it on an alignment rack and measured it and it aligns perfectly with the Nissan specs. I have the printout to prove it.
It's pretty much gotta be from this, and most importantly go elsewhere for another opinion. What is this "swing arm" that needed to be replaced? Anything more than minor rim/tire damage sounds a lot worse than just a mild curb hit, sounds like a real incident.

Take it to a reputable independent alignment shop and have them check all 4 wheels closely + thrust angle. Tell them there were repairs in that one corner and you need them to verify nothing's fundamentally wrong there.