Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #560 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

New pro pics from the last event, Apr 13/14 at MSR-Houston. You can see how much lower the car is sitting, and how much less body roll and nose-dive there is in these. While it feels like "zero body roll" in the car, and other drivers were commenting that there was virtually no body roll, in the still photos you can of course see that there still is some mild roll in the car. I guess that's always the case unless you weld everything solid . Not sure if damper settings affect that or it's just spring rate, so it's possible by bringing up the damper stiffness I could push some of that out, too. All through this event I had the rear Hotchkis sway at full-soft as well.

With notes on what's happening in each pic (This is MSR-H Clockwise):

This one's nearly done tracking out from a right-hander onto the pit straight, still accelerating in mid-4th-gear:

Midway through the second corner of Sugar-and-Spice from the rear, you can easily see the remaining body roll. I'd say at this point in the corner the car's about as laid over on lateral G's as it's ever gonna get on these tires:

This is at the end of the pit straight, a right turn again. I've started turn-in, but I'm not 100% sure whether I was off the brakes on this attempt or still playing with trailing them into it:

Not even sure where this is, too little context. Maybe Gut-check, maybe the straight before Bus-stop?

And this is near the end of Keyhole, a ~50mph-ish tight little circular section to the right: